Navara Ari Payasam
Healthy and delicious navara rice payasam.
Prep Time: 30 minutes .
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serve: 3 to 4
- Navara Rice- 1/2cup
- Water – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Whole Milk- 3 cups
- Cardamom- 3 to 4 (or use 1/2 tsp cardamom powder)
- Palm Candy/Panam Kalkandam or sugar- 3/4cup(or to taste,see notes)
- Ghee- 1tsp
- Navara ari is a variety of medicinal rice usually found in kerala. It has wide range of health benefits.Navara porridge prepared using navara rice powder is one of the best first foods for babies.
- The payasam tends to get thick when it cools down,to adjust the consistency add more hot/warm milk.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.
- You may also add ghee fried cashews and raisins ,if desired.
- 1 cup equals 250 ml
- Navara rice and palm candy are available in most organic /ayurveda stores or you can buy from any online store.Check here for navara rice and palm candy.