Quick and easy plantain cake with just few ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Ripe plantain/Nendrapazham- 3 medium
- Cashew nuts,broken -1 to 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Egg – 4
- Sugar – 2 to 4 tbsp ( see notes)
- Cardmaom powder- 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – as required
Peel and chop the plantain into small pieces( about 1″),heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan,add the chopped plantain and fry until it turns golden brown,turning once or twice in between.
Transfer this into a bowl and allow to cool completely.Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins separately.Set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine together egg,sugar, and cardamom powder.Mix well using a fork or a whisk until combined.
Add the fried plantain ,cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.Heat a heavy bottomed pan and apply ghee or oil on the bottom and the sides of the pan( or use a non stick pan ).
Add the egg-plantain mixture ,cover and cook over medium low flame for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of the plantain /banana or use according to your taste.
- You can also bake this in an oven @ 180 deg C for 20 to 25 minutes or just steam the cake in a steamer.
- 1 cup = 250 ml