Spicy Kerala chutney with roasted red chilies and coconut ,usually served with rice or gruel
Prep Time: 5 minutes .
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Shallots – 3 to 4
- Dry red chilies – 5 to 6( or according to taste)
- Ginger- 1/2 ” piece
- Tamarind- small gooseberry size
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- You could also use sliced coconut instead of grated coconut.
- Adjust the quantity of red chilies according to your taste.
- The colour of the chutney depends upon the type of red chili used and how long you roast the chilies and coconut..