Quick and easy vegetable stir fry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Onion,sliced- 1/2 cup
- Green chili,sliced – 1
- Ginger,garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup( or as required)
- Tomato,pureed – 1/4 cup( 1 small)
- Vegetables cut into long strips(capsicum,green beans,carrots,cauliflower,baby corn etc)- 2 to 2.5 cups
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 2 generous pinches
- Sliced tomato,seeds removed – 1 small
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and saute for few seconds.Add onion and saute for about a minute.
Add green chili and ginger-garlic paste.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Reduce flame to low and add Kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder , turmeric powder and 2 tbsp water.Mix well until combined.
Cook until raw smell leaves.Next add the tomato puree.
Cook until oil starts to separate. Next add the sliced vegetables and mix well.
Pour about 1/4 cup water ( or more as required) and salt to taste.
Cover and cook until the vegetables are just tender and gravy coats the vegetables.Next add garam masala and kasuri methi.
Add sliced tomato and cook for about a minute.Finally add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the stove.Serve warm with chapathi or rice.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and chili powder according to your taste.