Gluten-Free French Bread
Easy gluten free /Eggless /yeast Free French Bread.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 1 Loaf
Recipe source:The daily dietribe
- Milk( Non Dairy or Dairy)- 1 cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Psyllium Husk – 3 tbsp
- Oil( Canola or olive oil) – 1 Tbsp
- Unsweetened Applesauce- 1 Tbsp( i used 1 tbsp oil instead)
- White rice flour,spooned into the measuring cup and leveled – 1 and 3/4 cups(254 grams)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – For brushing
Preheat oven to 180 Deg C.In a bowl,combine together milk and apple cider vinegar.Keep aside for about 1 minute.Next add psyllium husk ,stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes ,add oil and applesauce,mix well until combined.In a large bowl whisk together rice flour,baking soda,baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the center and add the milk mixture.Mix well using your fingers and knead gently to form a dough.
Shape this into a long loaf (about 8″). Place on a lightly greased baking tray.Score the top in several places using a sharp knife.
Brush liberally with oil and immediately bake for about 40 minutes.Allow to cool completely before slicing.