Rich and delicious dessert prepared using rice flakes,coconut milk and jaggery.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 to 1.5 hours
Serves: 4 to 5
- Homemade ada, /cooked ada- 1 to 1.5 Cups( see notes)
- Grated jaggery – 200 to 250 gms( about 1 cup-see notes)
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tsp
- Thin coconut milk – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry ginger powder /chukku podi – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/8 to 1/4 tsp
- Thick coconut milk – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Coconut slices- 1 to 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Ghee,to fry coconut bits,nuts and raisins – as required
- I used homemade ada for the pradhaman ,you can find the recipe here.
- If you are using store bought ada ,use about 100 gms.For best results, use rice ada.
- Strain the melted jaggery to remove impurities,if any.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery according to your taste.
- As the pradhaman cools,it will thicken further.Adjust the quantity of thick coconut milk according to the consistency required.