Soft and fluffy idiappam -Popular Kerala breakfast dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes .
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Roasted rice flour- 1 cup
- Water – approximately 1 cup( or as required)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil or ghee – 1/2 to 1 tsp( optional)
- Grated coconut – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- The quantity of water depends upon the type of rice flour you use.
- Do not cook the idiappams for long ,if you do so it may turn out hard.
- Side dish for idiappam- Vegetarian- Kerala Kadala Curry , Kerala Vegetable Stew ,Egg-Egg curry with potato,Nadan Mutta Curry,Meat-Mutton stew,Kerala Duck Curry,Chicken Mappas