- Cauliflower florets- 2 cups
- Onion-chopped- 1 large
- Ginger -crushed-1/2 tsp
- Garlic -crushed- 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 to 1.5 tsp( or use red chili powder to taste)
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 3/4 tsp
- Water -1/8 cup + 1/4 cup
- Tomato-chopped- 1 small
- Kasuri Methi-1 pinch
- Coriander leaves-chopped- as required
- Heat oil in a pan ,add onion and saute until it turns translucent.
- Now add ginger and garlic.Saute until onion turns golden brown.(For best results, saute onion over a medium flame ,you can add salt at this stage to speed up the process)
- Now reduce the flame to low and add chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder , garam masala and 1/8 cup water. Cook until masala starts to leave the sides of the pan( this will take 1 to 2 minutes)
- Now add tomato and cook over medium flame until it turns mushy.
- Pour in 1/4 cup water and salt to taste.Mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add cauliflower ,mix well .Cover and cook until almost done.
- Remove the lid and add kasuri methi and mix well.cook for few more minutes or until the masala coats the cauliflower florets.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti.
Note: Use Kashmiri chili powder for better colour and it is milder compared to regular chili powder.
I halved the recipe,for the step by step pics