Recipe source: Sharmis Passions, you can find the original recipe here
- All purpose flour-1.5 cups
- Yogurt-1 cup
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 and 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence-1.5 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.Line the cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine together yogurt and sugar.Whisk together until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to this yogurt-sugar mixture.Mix well and keep aside for 3 to 4 minutes( it will turn frothy)
- Add oil and vanilla essence.Mix well until combined.
- Now sift in the flour in 4 batches and mix gently until combined.
- Immediately pour this batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- If your cake is browning too much on the top ,loosely cover it with aluminium foil.
- I halved the recipe and baked in a 5″ cake tin.
Sending this to Recipe sharing monday @ Jam Hands