- Rice milk- 3 cups(use home made rice milk(see note) or try this vanilla flavored rice milk from here)
- Cornflour-4 tsp
- Cocoa powder-3 tbsp
- Sugar-1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Peanut butter- 2 to 3 tbsp(optional)
- Mix cornflour with 1/4 cup rice milk.Keep aside.
- Mix cocoa powder with the rest of the milk,heat it in a sauce pan and bring it to just under a boil.
- Slowly pour the cornflour mixture into the rice milk,stirring continuously.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes , until it is thick.Switch off the stove.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide container .Allow it to cool well .
- Cover and place the container in the refrigerator to chill for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the container out ,now it should have just started freezing from the outside edges.
- Using a wooden spatula or a sturdy whisk, beat the mixture well to make it smooth once again.Put it in the freezer.
- Continue to check every 30-40 minutes,stirring well as it is freezing.(repeat this process for 3 times)
- After the third mixing cycle,once the mixture is soft add the peanut butter(if using) and fold it in, lightly for just two or three times.Put it back into the freezer and keep freezing until it is firm.
Sending this to ABC series:Desserts events @ Ramya’s recipes
& Chocolate fest @Srav’s culinary concepts