Radhika of Tickling Palates is hosting a fun event named BLOG HOP WEDNESDAYS.This week i am paired with Priya of NOW SERVING.I tried out these super delicious Gulab jamuns her blog,. You can find the original recipe here.
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Milk powder-1 1/2 cups
- Baking soda-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt or regular heavy cream
For the syrup
- Sugar- 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- Water- 3 cups
- Cardamon pods- 4 nos
- Saffron -a few strands(optional)
- Sift all purpose flour,milk powder and baking soda together.
- Add sufficient quantity of heavy cream or yogurt and knead well to form a soft dough.(like chappathi dough)
- Keep aside for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sugar and water in a pan and cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.Add cardamom pods and saffron and keep aside.
- Make small balls out of the dough( almost 25 to 28 nos) and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls over medium low heat until it turns dark golden brown in color.
- Drain these cooked balls into the sugar syrup and keep aside until the jamuns are completely soaked in the sugar syrup.