- Sprouted green gram/mulapicha cherupayar – 1 cup
- Urad dal/Uzunnu parippu-1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Rice-2 cups
- Steamed rice-1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
To prepare the batter
- Soak urad dal ,rice and fenugreek seeds separately for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds together with enough water and keep aside .Make sure it is really smooth and frothy ,as this determines how soft the dosa is.
- Now grind rice,sprouted green gram and steamed rice with enough water to form a smooth batter.
- Combine urad dal batter and rice batter together.Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Leave it to ferment overnight.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on to the center of the pan ,spread it in a circle.You can make it as thin as you like.
- Once the edges start to brown ,turn it over and cook till done.
Serve with sambar and coconut chutney